Monday, November 26, 2018

Frankenstein writing to Shelley

Somewhere below the icepack of the Arctic Circle, 15-degrees West Longitude

Madame Shelley,

I take pen in hand to write a thoughtful note yo you thanking you for telling the story to the world of my creation. Your faithful account of this event will, I hope, despoil so many of the thoughtless rumors that abound and defame both my creature and myself, although I fully accept any accusations as I am a grown adult.

I can only wish the entire world knew the truth of my creation and its warning to all of us. I have thoughts of how awful it and I must seem to those who do not understand the roles of man and God in our world, and our very being, but only think in terms of the drivel espoused to them by non-seekers of the truth. I love my creation as any father or mother would love their child. I borne it into life and I must now also follow it into death. I do this with a love few people would understand but which you will so thoughtfully and elegantly inform your readers.

I am pleased that you allowed me to read this first, early text, because tomorrow I will leave for the northern ice cap in pursuit of my creation in order to bring him home, God willing. I only wish my story ends as well as you have predicted. If not you may of course rewrite the ending as you see fit as I will not be in a position to disagree.

Your obedient servant,

V. Frankenstein

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Thanks. If in doubt about which profile to choose from, use "anonymous."

<< Home