Sunday, September 16, 2018

exercise: describe someone who you saw, perhaps, at the grocery store:

She could only be described as, but with a sense of appreciation, a proverbial older lady. I was in my car, getting ready to leave the parking lot of the store when I saw her moving about at the automatic doorway. It was more than a quick glance. She had been standing by the doors until the bus pulled up and then she walked her buggy back to the door, took her two bags of groceries, and headed toward the bus. And then she was gone.

I don’t know why I was intrigued. She really made no difference to me but out of curiosity the next time I was at the store I wandered over to the portico where the bus had stopped. I was wondering when the bus came and how short of time did she have to shop and where would the bus go next. There was no timetable sign that I could find.

In a flash, what I saw:
-glowing white hair, nicely cut, thin, straight posture, an alive face that would smile a lot

-chino slacks, white, long-sleeve, high-collar shirt that looked ironed, tread hiking shoes, belt, relatively good stuff not worn out leftover clothes

-sun hat (not straw) $25 at Cabela's or $60 at Mahoney’s

-light weight knapsack holding her purse

-two bags of groceries

-walked with determination w/o obvious age affects
###

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome. Thanks. If in doubt about which profile to choose from, use "anonymous."

<< Home